Monday, January 21, 2013

Contact with Pidgin community


I decided to get in touch with developers of Pidgin. I registered to mailing list on the very first day I decited to go with Pidgin to the Bug Hunting Competition. But the mail list is not very useful for me. I have recieved around 5 email, but I have no idea what are they about.

So I registered to pidgin IRC channel and wrote a message to everyone, saying that I do have problem with reproducing bugs reported to the latest release version. There was 141 people in the #pidgin room. Just someone with nick datallah had responded.

We had some discussion about the quality of the bug reports, here are his exact words when I described him my problems with finding some good bug report: "it gives you some perspective to what dealing with these reports is like :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment